What's Up Everyone?

Hey, thanks for stopping by. I really appreciate it. Read about my journey as I walk and run, laugh and cry, make mistakes and make amends... my life.... is open, and accountable...

About Me

My photo
I am a God-fearing journeyman who is looking to educate others on life, God, and their salvation. I have a migraine disorder. I truly believe that there is NO migraine medication that can cure my migraines. Some say that I'm a positive person, some say I'm negative. I say I'm just a realist. Moses was too. Paul (in the Bible) kept it straight. He never pulled any punches and he knew what was real and how hard things were. I try to be that way for those who have this horrible disease epilepsy that cannot function some days and don't want to live others... for reasons unknown to me sometimes too... but God's will is all that I strive to find wisdom in...

22 November 2010

You Never Know

This pic was taken at the Pats game from last night. I'd say I look like the newest member of SAMCRO huh? LOL! I really had a great time with my best friend Tony. He took me to a fantastic game. Pats won of course. The seats were in a prime location. Can you say row 26, seats 15 and 16? Not too bad. Especially when they're a gift.  Originally, I was supposed to be (planned on really) being gone for military service by January 2011, hence why it was important to go to this particular game. With the holidays so close, there will really be no time on my weekends having the kids, basketball practice, church and such.

I love football. I am very passionate about the subject of football. Some would argue that it is just a game, others (such as myself) will say it is a science. As with any science, there are factors that contribute to the makings of any experiment. Multiple forces (we'll just say two for the purpose of this blog), an action, a reaction (caused by the action and the forces), which leads to the outcome. Also, there are observations (on the part of the head coaches and staff, predictions (by sports writers), among other things... it's a beautiful thing to watch. Just so we have something to watch a few nights a week from August to February. Most take football for granted anyway. Monday morning quarterbacks as some may call them. They say things like "Well, why did that coach call this play?" or "I'd have done this or that?" Yep, happens all the time. Just wanted to babble on a little about football for a second or two.

As I watched the game, I couldn't help but feel happiness. I couldn't wait to get back out there come March and start practicing again. Getting ready for the upcoming season. Next feeling to come over me was, what if God decides that football is not for me? What if I am to never strap up again? What if I am not meant to put on the pads and tackle someone again? It is God's will that I need to gain wisdom of. Will I ever? Maybe not.

Proverbs 3:13-15
13 Blessed are those who find wisdom,
   those who gain understanding,
14 for she is more profitable than silver
   and yields better returns than gold
.

Wisdom, is the HARDEST thing to ask for. Most of us don't want it. I REALLY don't... usually. Wisdom requires the ability to understand all facets of knowledge without bias. It's tough because it is in the human nature to always know oneself above everyone else. Right? We feel right, even when God tells us (scripturally and morally) we are wrong. It feels wrong, when we turn a blind eye to the things we know we should do yet we continue to do them. Sometimes, people tell us what God wants us to do and we feel obligated to listen... but what we need to realize is what is God telling us to do in our heart? We need that wisdom. It is what made Solomon great! We need to come correct and obtain that wisdom. It is an ever-growing thing. You can never have enough of it.


Proverbs 19:21
21 Many are the plans in a person’s heart,
   but it is the LORD’s purpose that prevails.


I am at a point in my life where I stand at a crossroad. I look at my past and I see what I once was... I was everything that I wanted to be at that time. I made good money, I did as I pleased, I answered to no one... not even God. I went to church on "the BIG THREE" Easter, Christmas, and Mothers' Day. That was it. I knew God was there, but the hypocrasy in the church was just too much for me to bear at that time. I wanted to be free. Now, I'm very active in the church and my prayer life is stronger than it was (not where it should be mind you) yet I am still at that crossroad and I am standing at that intersection...

Where to? Well, for tonight... it's the gym, then back home... and maybe sit down and watch some TV...

Some parting music for tonight... It's You, It's Me by Kaskade

Feel free to subscribe to my blog, or invite others to!

Much love!

Danny

1 comment:

  1. Finally, a comment! Thanks... I can't believe I understand what wisdom truly is. It is strange to think of what wisdom is. Never really though about it til we had that conversation.

    ReplyDelete