What's Up Everyone?

Hey, thanks for stopping by. I really appreciate it. Read about my journey as I walk and run, laugh and cry, make mistakes and make amends... my life.... is open, and accountable...

About Me

My photo
I am a God-fearing journeyman who is looking to educate others on life, God, and their salvation. I have a migraine disorder. I truly believe that there is NO migraine medication that can cure my migraines. Some say that I'm a positive person, some say I'm negative. I say I'm just a realist. Moses was too. Paul (in the Bible) kept it straight. He never pulled any punches and he knew what was real and how hard things were. I try to be that way for those who have this horrible disease epilepsy that cannot function some days and don't want to live others... for reasons unknown to me sometimes too... but God's will is all that I strive to find wisdom in...

13 November 2010

46 degrees out and in a tee shirt...


**Taken At Doyle Field From Far Side Of The Field towards Priest Street**

Let me start off by saying this much, people always ask me "How are you feeling?" first thing in the morning. I think I can speak for probably 80% of the population by saying no one likes getting up in the morning. I didn't when I was younger, but later on in life it didn't bother me. Since I have had these issues, I feel like death warmed over every single morning. I feel like I drank a fifth of Stoli Raz and Sprite sans Sprite. UGH!!! Never a good feeling. Could be the meds, could be the 'condition'. Don't know as of yet. I usually don't get a good gauge on how I will feel until 1100 or so to know how the day is gonna go yet even then, my energy is sometimes wasted in hours and I'm done for the day sometimes by 1400. I run through two or three thousand milligrams of Tylenol/Motrin a day for relief from migraines/headaches so it depends. I never know. With all that said...

I went to choir practice today... it was a good time. Then , off to meet up with my friend Chris who I have not seen since January. I miss his company. He is a great person and an even better friend. He moved to North Carolina last September. We talked about my health and life in general. I really enjoyed it.

Proverbs 16:9

In their hearts humans plan their course,
but the LORD establishes their steps.




So I left Athol and headed to the gym, but there was a problem... gym closes at 1900 on Saturday and Sunday. It was 1947 by the time I got there. Yup, problem... for most. Actually, for me too. But this was also, an opportunity for God to speak to me. I could have just came home and blogged to you about how the gym was closed and I'll try again tomorrow blah, blah, blah... no need to. I went to Doyle Field instead. Rather than hang it up, I made a change. Change is a good thing. In the face of adversity, you must adapt. I wanted to lift weights and walk on the treadmill, but I couldn't... so I just walked. Jesus walked. A LOT!!!

Matthew 4:18




As Jesus was walking beside the Sea of Galilee, he saw two brothers, Simon called Peter and his brother Andrew. They were casting a net into the lake, for they were fishermen.





This is the first time we read of Jesus walking and that is when He meets His first two disciples. He walked a lot. When he talked with the disciples He walked. When He wanted to be alone, He walked to His destination. When He preached, He walked to get there. If walking worked for Him... then it would just have to do for me tonight!! If the Jewish people could 'wander' well, we might as well say walk for the purpose for tonight's blog for forty years, I could walk for a few minutes!!! And that, I did... 46 degrees outside, it was dark out, and I did it in a tee shirt... for an hour and 15 minutes.

When I work out, there are a few 'essentials' I need...



  1. A fixed focus on God's will for my workout
  2. My 16GB Zune Player (Microsoft's version of an IPod only better)
  3. Some type of headgear (Under Armour skully, bandanna, etc.)
  4. A positive outlook
  5. A clean mind (no focus on reasoning or logic) HIS logic isn't mine

**NOTE** This is not an easy task and nor are these 'essentials' (mainly 1, 4, and 5) always with me. I only hope and pray (hope you will do the same) that I get better at it.

As I walked in the 'cold', one song I listened to was The Tree Knows Everything By Adam F feat, Tracy Thorn (from Everything But The Girl) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlMPp46zOi4 (give it a listen, you'll love it...) and I looked at the sky and saw all the stars in the sky. I realized how I was looking at them cause I could. I didn't have to. There are homeless out there tonight that do have to. No choice. I was out there with no long sleeves on because I wanted to be. They are because they have to. Not all of course. Some could work. Some can't. Some won't. It's not for me to judge why, how, or what is done while there are homeless, but just the fact that there are those that are without warmth... I pray for them. Prayer is the strongest thing we can do for those that are homeless. As well as helping them with a few dollars maybe or whatnot if you can. Buy them a sandwich or a hot soup. I also pray for others that have epilepsy or migraine conditions that are worse than mine and feel they can't go on with life cause it is just unbearable. I read a forum story of a cop who had a seizure and lost his job. He has no idea what to do. I walk for him. It's not much but, along with prayer... something can give.



Isaiah 40:29

He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.

I will keep on... never lose faith... His grace is still sufficient for me. I pray it is tomorrow.

More music for you to check out if you like that I listen to...

Kaskade- It's You, It's Me 2010 Remix

Pendulum- Streamline (Not the official video, but still cool)
**NOTE** What this guy is doing is called "free running" Click the link if you'd like to learn more about this art form. I'd like to do it someday....

Everything But The Girl- Five Fathoms

God Bless Everyone... Good Night...

I'll leave you with this... at the end of this road... the start of the 2011 season or if God should decide to snuff my life by whatever means (not necessarily by this affiction)...

HE FAVORS ME!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment