What's Up Everyone?

Hey, thanks for stopping by. I really appreciate it. Read about my journey as I walk and run, laugh and cry, make mistakes and make amends... my life.... is open, and accountable...

About Me

My photo
I am a God-fearing journeyman who is looking to educate others on life, God, and their salvation. I have a migraine disorder. I truly believe that there is NO migraine medication that can cure my migraines. Some say that I'm a positive person, some say I'm negative. I say I'm just a realist. Moses was too. Paul (in the Bible) kept it straight. He never pulled any punches and he knew what was real and how hard things were. I try to be that way for those who have this horrible disease epilepsy that cannot function some days and don't want to live others... for reasons unknown to me sometimes too... but God's will is all that I strive to find wisdom in...

31 December 2010

Clocks' Run Out, The Time Is Now

The clocks’ run out, the time is now! –John Cena

Totally corny I know, but accurate. As 2010 comes to a close, we look to 2011 with a new resolve to see a brighter beginning. It is human nature for us to do this to ourselves when we lose a loved one, see a birth, find religion (insert your fave one here), get a debilitating illness, overcome circumstances that should have not been in our favor, we resolve to change things in our lives that we really should change anyway.

1.       Diet (To eat better)
2.       Vices (Smoking, drinking, etc.)
3.       Exercise (To do more of it)
4.       Poor decisions (Relationships, job, etc.) as in get out of them
5.       Newness (Relationship, job, etc.)
6.       Insert yours here
UGH! So many things can and do get added every time there are life-changing events. We do this to ourselves every year mostly though at this time, because of the promise of a new year because we like new things. Remember that new car you got? Be it “new/new-to-you” car? Umm, yeah… it was pristine for about a year or so then it was just another car. When it was the best ever though, most of us swore we’d get the scheduled maintenance BEFORE the due date, clean it rain, sleet, or snow, wash it weekly, and never park around other cars for fear of a ding or dent. Yup, that went out the window quickly.
                I guess my point is this, resolutions usually end up getting “unresolved” by mid-year… we are all guilty of that. Why do we all wait? There’s no time like now no matter the date. It’s crazy how we create a sense of urgency every year on December 31st and we forget so quickly what we plan to do to change everything. Pick any day.
Every day is relevant. Every day is meaningful. Seize the day and decide to change the moment. Don’t wait for December 31st to change your life.  It’s the day, not the date. There’s no day like today! Well, never mind the fact of date today.
                When my grandfather died many years ago (2004) at his funeral, my sister and I agreed to put our past behind us (many fights, disagreements, repressed emotions) and at the time I was dating her best friend and had been for a few years. We agreed to be better with one another, due in large part to the realization that family should be close because life is so short and we need to love one another regardless. Well, two years later I cheated on her best friend and got my ex pregnant and my ‘sister’ pretty much wished death on this unborn child because I cheated on her best friend. That unborn child now is going to be four years old in February and has a name; Mirieanah. Also, she holds a uncopied key to a special place in my heart reserved just for her as my only daughter. A change was made. When my grandfather died, a reaction to a life-changing event warranted a response. Once the newness wore off, my sister went back to reality and she was back to her normal conniving, selfish, deceitful self. Now, if my sister had really made a change for the better for herself, she would have acted accordingly. She would have not necessarily jumped for joy that I hurt her best friend, but she was gaining a niece. She should have been a little happy. No, my sister was VERY vocal about her displeasure. It has been 3 plus years since we have spoken at length beyond a look and a grunt. Oh, and her best friend and I lasted until Mimi was a little under a year...kinda. I made some 'resolutions' too that I didn't fulfill. Her friend and I weren't even a couple anymore after Mimi was born, we were just going thru the motions.
                As 2010, comes to a close, try to live each day with this thought… Can I live? Live… What does it mean to live? Silence please… Think about that. As you live in 2011, stay real and seize the day… the moments that come each day. Change is good, but there’s no need to wait til December 31st, 2011 to do it.  Each day is a gift… it doesn’t take a whole day to recognize sunshine. Let the sunshine on your face. I subscribe to a website called Mountainwings. It's run by Pastor Nathaniel Bronner who also is a co-owner of Bronner Bros. Hair Care products. He sends out an inspirational email daily without fail, 365 days a year. Mountainwings <--- Check it out if you want. You can read through them without subscribing. I've taken this poem from an issue I received about 6 years ago.
Starting now, I want to paint my dash… read below: *
The DASH
=======

I read of a man who stood to speak
At the funeral of a friend
He referred to the dates on her tombstone
From the beginning...to the end

He noted that first came her date of birth
And spoke the following date with tears,
But he said what mattered most of all
Was the dash between those years
(1934-1998)

For that dash represents all the time
That she spent alive on earth...
And now only those who loved her
Know what that little line is worth.

For it matters not, how much we own;
The cars...The house...The cash,
What matters is how we live and love
And how we spend our dash

So think about this long and hard...
Are there things you'd like to change?
For you never know how much time is left,
That can still be rearranged

If we could just slow down enough
To consider what's true and real,
And always try to understand.
The way other people feel.

And be less quick to anger,
And show appreciation more
And love the people in our lives
Like we never loved before.

If we treat each other with respect,
And more often wear a smile...
Remembering that this special dash
Might only last a little while.

So, when your eulogy's being read
With your life's actions to rehash...
Would you be proud of the things they say
About how you spent your dash?

Written by Linda Ellis

*Taken from www.mountainwings.com past issue 7135

No comments:

Post a Comment