What's Up Everyone?

Hey, thanks for stopping by. I really appreciate it. Read about my journey as I walk and run, laugh and cry, make mistakes and make amends... my life.... is open, and accountable...

About Me

My photo
I am a God-fearing journeyman who is looking to educate others on life, God, and their salvation. I have a migraine disorder. I truly believe that there is NO migraine medication that can cure my migraines. Some say that I'm a positive person, some say I'm negative. I say I'm just a realist. Moses was too. Paul (in the Bible) kept it straight. He never pulled any punches and he knew what was real and how hard things were. I try to be that way for those who have this horrible disease epilepsy that cannot function some days and don't want to live others... for reasons unknown to me sometimes too... but God's will is all that I strive to find wisdom in...

15 December 2010

Simply Being

Good Morning,

Well it's been 13 days since I last wrote. The reason it's been so long is because I've been really busy. Much has happened since 2December. I have started to write down each of them quite a few times now but I stop each day because I don't have the exact wording down. I'm going to just write it down today. Free form. Let's begin.

  • NFL Training Camp
I got NFL Training Camp for an early Christmas gift and I decided to do the 60 day training camp combine challenge. It is basically a workout regimen that calls for a  25 to 30 minute workout to be done 4x/week with 3 days to rest. The program works upper/lower body, cardio, and strength training. It is a fantastic workout and VERY specific. It day starts and ends with stretching. It measures your HR and burned calories by monitor.
Above: HR Monitor and motion detector (Placed on non-dominant arm just below elbow)
Depress button to turn on and light turns blue. Can be used for EA Active games for 2 players.

Above: Motion Detector (Placed on right leg near upper thigh)

There are many exercises that can improve endurance, stamina, and strength among other things.

If you want to know more about the game, NFL Training Camp <-Click the link

Your stats can be tracked on:



  • Dr. Maddicuri's Office Visit
So I met with Dr. Madducuri recently and the EEG went well. She says that everything went "well". My "episodes" were many in the beginning, but in the end they became fewer. The migraines were still bad, but manageable. Now, I'll say this... I'm sure as anyone with migraines can tell you it sucks to have to say that migraines are manageable. Migraines always hurt. They have pain associated with them regardless of the degreeMy Topamax up to 100 mg 2x/day. That should help with my migraines and the migraines are still there and the photophobia is still prevalent as well. Also, to quote Kindergarten Cop "It's not a tumor!!!" I am truly blessed to know that! However, I am still annoyed that people never get a clear picture as to why these things happen. The brain is still an unknown area and still so uncharted.

  • Basketball Rec League Coaching

Above: Da'lin before Saturdays' game. 12-14 loss in OT
Well, I had my first game this past Saturday and let me tell you... these kids look VERY promising. Da'lin has improved a lot over the past year. Last year, he almost couldn't go a practice without getting visibly upset cause he couldn't make a basket. He'd shoot the ball and wouldn't even hit the backboard. He'd catch a pass and look at the basket and think about the shot at the basket. He'd overthink the shot. He'd think about how far the shot is. How impossible it is to make it. Who is around him. How often he made the shot before. If he even made the shot before. Whatever the thought process was... he was thinking entirely too much. One day, I took him to the basketball court and we shot around for about 1.5 hours. As he shot, he would hesitate for a few seconds before he shot. I asked him 'Why are you doing that? Stop thinking about it and just shoot! You know where the basket is. It isn't gonna go anywhere. One of two things is gonna happen once that ball leaves your hands. Either you're gonna make it, or you're gonna miss it and that's gonna be just about it. Stop making it a life or death situation." He really didn't get it. Then I used it as a life opportunity. Which I won't explain to you all because it was a father/son moment talking about life and the critial moments that truly are life and death... My son is a little advanced for his age. He tends to think as an adult sometimes. Lots of moments in his life are tough. His mother and I are not together and he has had to live with that. His father is a whack job (partly serious) and he must deal with that. He is in a school program that has demands on him that provide a curriculum that is grade levels above him yet, he must adjust. Da'lin is a brave individual that I greatly admire and he gives me far too much credit for I would have given up already yet he struggles on showing little fear. Anyway, after a 10 or 20 minute conversation he started getting consistent with his shots. In life, I do not believe it it never about being perfect... one must be consistent. Do the same thing everytime. Da'lin started hitting the rim every time! Then he started posting up for jumpshots, then BAM! he was nailing jumpers! Man it was a sight... I started tearing up... I really taught my son how to play a game and a life lesson... simply be... stop over thinking it and just be.

  • General Thoughts And Ramblings
I've had many things happen over the past two weeks. I've watched so many movies, shows, been to board meetings, and I still have many things to say so bear with me for a sec.

Be careful what you say about people, you may eventually become one of them. When I was a kid, I went to a mostly white school. I was called a nigger for the first time when I was five years old by a freshman. Then he punched me in the head. I will never forget that day. My grandmother had to explain to me what the difference was why people were so mean to me as a child. With that said, I have friends that are heavier set people and I have some skinnier friends as well. The mother of my children is not exactly small either. many times people have ridiculed her... in front of me and in front of her as well. She has heard it all. Everything from the cow noises to the flat out "fat-a$$" comment. Let me just say, one day... karma can and does strike back.

I'm going to start a trend. I'm gonna call out all backstabbers going forward. There are people who talk about me behind my back and I know it. It is unhealthy to be two-faced. I don't mind if people don't like me cause my brazen approach isn't exactly for everybody, but why pretend to be cool with me if they were just spreading rumors and gossip about me? I plan to make whoever it was extremely uncomfortable until they come clean about it. For example, let's say someone says that I am a liar to Person A **NOTE**AS LONG AS I KNOW FOR SURE AND IT'S PROVEN AND IS FROM A REPUTABLE SOURCE** then comes to talk to me at a party while I'm conversing with another friend. I'm going to calmly say to this person "Since you feel it is okay to say that I am a liar to Person A what makes you think it's okay to talk to me as if we are friends?" and leave it. This will leave it up to that person to come clean. It is time for people to start being real with one another. Honest. Stop lying and be straight up. It's cool not to like someone, just tell them. They can handle it. If someone says something about someone else, it don't matter. Gossip is not cool and it has no place in this world. We have to stop it. A clear stance has to be made.

Another thing about personality, "back and forth flashes" as I will now call them are a pain and I dislike them. In fact, I am guilty of them myself. You can't like someone one day then dislike them the next. Stop it. Not cool. You can be mad at someone though and then move on from that anger, but really? If you don't like someone cut out the crap that's around you and just don't like that person. UGH!

Those who know me, know I am a Christian and also know I am young. Many young people have left the church for the reason that I am about to mention. If anyone of those of you reading this blog have left the church for this reason... please go back, don't feel that God will deem you unworthy. I find myself shaking my head sometimes when there is a resistance from the churches for change. Young people are being lead like cattle to follow a guide without the Holy Spirits' direction. In other words, if the direction of the church was to never change Amazing Grace would never have been put in, church would still be directed in Aramaic, all baptisms would still be in rivers or streams, oh boy could I go on. Things can and do change. Change is good. We learn that all the way through. The church can and needs change. Most will disagree. Young people, sometimes you will fall and you will fail... but as the Prodigal Son did you will come home because the Holy Spirit will lead you. The key is... will you listen? If you don't listen... then you won't go. Sometimes, when I was younger, I was made to feel like, if I fell, I'd rather not go back to the church and stay away than to have to go back and get the third degree about what I did wrong and get a lecture. If I read the Word and I interpreted something different than status quo as a teenager or a young man, I was redirected. Don't be afraid to let the Holy Spirit in a lead you in the Word. Age does not lead, for the Lord is ageless. Don't let someone who has experience tell you what each verse means for the Lord is timeless. The Bible is a living work. It breathes. Each time you read it, you learn something new. Don't let someone tell you what to think or see in Its words. It is for discussion. There are no wrong answers. The Holy Spirit is what gives you the words and the meaning.

As a Christian, I may make the difference between someones salvation or their damnation. Because of my actions it may make someone want to come to Christ and may want to make them run away from. As the Bible says. I may be the only light they see. How would it look if I say that if with my migraines and pain I'm still gonna sing His praises and as "bad" as I have it, I still will, meanwhile, someone that read this has to wear a helmet, can't drive, and has no job and wishes they were in my shoes? Now I'm not only the jerk, but I just may have put a bad taste in their mouth about God because they may ask why them? Don't get me wrong, earlier in my posts I did still sing His praises, but it's in the way you do it. We must not act like we're doing some great thing in singing His praises. We are supposed to! Either way! Good or bad! That can offend some people. We gotta act right. Don't "peacock" around and strut.





And with that... I'm done. To those that are reading. I thank you. Many people I guess are reading but aren't subscribed. Please consider subscribing. It will help my sanity. LOL. Ask questions, whatever. Oh and you young people, if you are looking for a Baptist church <- Click the link to start somewhere.


I have found a new song that I SIMPLY LOVE...


No comments:

Post a Comment