What's Up Everyone?

Hey, thanks for stopping by. I really appreciate it. Read about my journey as I walk and run, laugh and cry, make mistakes and make amends... my life.... is open, and accountable...

About Me

My photo
I am a God-fearing journeyman who is looking to educate others on life, God, and their salvation. I have a migraine disorder. I truly believe that there is NO migraine medication that can cure my migraines. Some say that I'm a positive person, some say I'm negative. I say I'm just a realist. Moses was too. Paul (in the Bible) kept it straight. He never pulled any punches and he knew what was real and how hard things were. I try to be that way for those who have this horrible disease epilepsy that cannot function some days and don't want to live others... for reasons unknown to me sometimes too... but God's will is all that I strive to find wisdom in...

22 September 2013

The Battle, The Vision, The Stand, and The Endgame

Morning everyone (like all 3 of you that read my blog) and Happy Sunday Funday!! Gotta say, I'm sore as hell. Got a lot I would like to talk about so this may take a while. Let's see what comes to mind in this 'freestyle' post.


The Undefeated

First of all, our game last night was fantastic. We played as a team and we played HARD! I don't get to play that much, but when I do... I go 110%. We had a special team captain named Bennett. He is battling Cancer and is probably around 9 or so. There was an interview on LATV (Leominster Local Access) that one of was done back in July that featured a few people from our team as well as little Bennett. He is a GREAT kid that was all smiles. He ran the football on a handoff from the 20 yard line and 'scored' a touchdown. The team we played, Franklin County Greyhounds helped him do it by pretending to defend him. Such a class organization. They showed up with 13 players. 13!!! The line played both ways and some guys were even limping, but never gave up. We won 55 - 0. It was crazy. Much respect to that organization out west. 8 - 0. That's where we are. Last time I played my last game on that field, my team was 1 - 7. I was captain on that team. We played hard. We actually had to get guys to just come in and play the last game with us cause we only had 16 guys stay throughout the season. That's in the past. I have no words to explain how I am feeling. To be part of greatness and give my all to it and see the rewards instantly. Just amazing.

Facebook and the Internet (Telephone) Tough Guy

I guess I honestly really have this love/hate relationship with Facebook. People bitch about a lot of things on Facebook (as do I sometimes) publically on Facebook. The political bullshit that shows up on my news feed is REALLY annoying and I can't STAND the Political Facebook Analysts that have to try to convince me about our President and who/what/when he is doing anything. Not saying I agree or don't with all our policies but dammit grow the hell up! At the end of the day, whatever person is in office will remain in office until the end of said term and possible reelection. If the President got elected that means a majority of the country said 'Yes, I believe this person will have my best interests at heart for the next 4 years'. What people don't get? They act like children saying whatever they can because their candidate lost so us 'that voted for him' have to listen to them piss and moan about how the POTUS sucks and this or that. Fact is, if their candidate won the election and passed the same laws (signed the bill) I wholeheartedly believe that they wouldn't say a word. I spoke on Obamacare last post. Guess who signed something similar on the state level MANY years before Obama even ran? Wanna guess? It was Romney. Romney had Massachusetts on a similar bill, just not on the federal level. Get over it. Go be a CNN Political Contributor or hell, RUN FOR OFFICE SINCE YOU CAN DO SO MUCH BETTER!

... And Game Request Hater

Pretty simple one here... hate game requests? Block them. Or the whole thing for that matter. Facebook has thousands (if not tens of thousands) of games and yes, chances are you will get requests. Don't be so pissed about it. Cut and dry.

...And The Revenge Commenter

So those people that will attack your character just because you commented on their status (and didn't agree with them) or you said something funny to their comment. They feel the need to say mean-spirited things about you just because you don't agree with them. It's kind of sad really.

... And The Relationship Rebounder

The best part of Facebook is keeping tabs on who is dating who. Post five million pics of some random person that they are 'in love' with, and then break up and post pics of the next person cause the last one didn't work out. Oh and it's literally within days of the previous break up.



I want to ask them if they have really thought this thing through. I mean really? We all know you are faster than Dale Earnhardt Jr racing for pole position at Talledega. Just plain dumb. It would be okay that they do move around from person to person if they weren't...

The Public Relationship For The Masses Person

Why air all your dirty laundry on Facebook then get mad for people choosing a side? I mean, you put it out there for public opinion so why not let them tell you what they think? Or even worse, every other day how happy you are in that relationship. Ok, we get it. Everyone knows you are in that relationship but everyday? Get a room! LOL!

Epilepsy And Football

It's never easy 'living' with epilepsy. No clue when you're going to have another grand mal or petite mal seizure, or a tonic - clonic seizure. Migraines that will debilitate you or lose your thoughts and ability to think clearly. Everything is moment by moment. I still play and there are even moments where I feel a little out of sorts, but I keep on going. I love this sport. I love this game. There is no greater feeling than being on that field. I'm not great at anything, but I'm good at a lot of things. I still have a 'tick' where my right arm shakes occasionally and I can't control it. Some definitely will think I'm crazy... but as long as I push my limits, I will eventually learn how far I can go. I have had nine documented concussions and chances are I definitely shouldn't be playing, but I just love this game way too much.

Peace Within, Peace Without

So, I must annoy some people with my positive attitude on Facebook and always trying to post positive statuses. People think I can't be that positive. Here's the thing. I'm not. I just keep it real with everyone around me. If I'm having a bad day and don't want to be bothered... then that's it. I make it known plain and simple. If I dislike someone, then they are just going to be disliked. That's all. I don't let other people bother me about what they think in regards to me because I know exactly who I am and I don't care what anyone thinks. If I say something, I'll stand by it. I guess the golden rule is just be honest about who you are. Don't lie and say that you believe one thing and then turn around and make it something else when the pressure is on. Just be truthful about it. If you dislike something about yourself then change it. If you're comfy with it that's fine too. BUT DON'T SWITCH IT WHEN IT SUITS YOU!! Don't complain about life, yet do nothing to change it. Life shouldn't be stagnant. You ever heard that nothing can grow in stagnant water? Well nothing good can come from being stagnant. Do something. ANYTHING. Whatever that thing is you better make sure it is moving in a positive direction.

I Hate People

It is the truth. I do. Mainly for the reasons I outline above. I can't really see why people act the way they do and have to make things hard on themselves. I guess it just makes my blood boil when people can't even see the point I try to make. They don't have to agree with my point. Just let me have it. I own my point and everything has to be a fucking debate. I allow people to have their opinions and whatever they may think, just let me be me. That's all. I don't need to go back and forth about my point. I said it, I meant it so let's move on from it. Period. That is why I just don't like people. I'm fine if people don't like me. I'm fine if they hate me. It's all good. There is no point in being an asshole to me though. Just avoid me and that will be that. I won't take it personally. What I DO take personally is when people are double-tongued and talk about me behind my back then are nice to my face. That shit annoys the hell out of me. If you hate me that's fine. I'm not exactly everyone's flavor. Respect will be paid though. Tell me you dislike or hate me and then I'll actually respect you more for it. Hell, most people can't even like themselves and stick to making it work. Who has the balls to be honest with themselves and change what they don't like? I struggle with it every single day. The difference is, I accept I will fail. I accept I will not do something I said I was going to do. I just accept my imperfections. That's it. If you can't be adult enough to listen to constructive criticism or to what people don't like about you personally without you taking like a damn five year old temper tantrum then you probably should go crawl under a rock cause it's gonna be a damn LONG miserable life.

That's it my friends.... that's all I got.

Share (please) and comment (please). As before... they are ALWAYS welcome.




No comments:

Post a Comment