What's Up Everyone?

Hey, thanks for stopping by. I really appreciate it. Read about my journey as I walk and run, laugh and cry, make mistakes and make amends... my life.... is open, and accountable...

About Me

My photo
I am a God-fearing journeyman who is looking to educate others on life, God, and their salvation. I have a migraine disorder. I truly believe that there is NO migraine medication that can cure my migraines. Some say that I'm a positive person, some say I'm negative. I say I'm just a realist. Moses was too. Paul (in the Bible) kept it straight. He never pulled any punches and he knew what was real and how hard things were. I try to be that way for those who have this horrible disease epilepsy that cannot function some days and don't want to live others... for reasons unknown to me sometimes too... but God's will is all that I strive to find wisdom in...

09 January 2017

What Is Your Mission Statement??


I think when you hit a certain age you have to start thinking in chunks. You’ve got to start looking at your family life, your career, your personal goals, your hobbies, etc. I realize at this moment that each person needs one thing to keep them on track. Once they get a clear head it actually just might keep them focused on the tasks ahead no matter what the ‘chunk’ is and whether it is a ‘fight or flight’ situation.

Every successful company, group, or entity has one thing in common… a mission statement. A mission statement is usually a few sentinces that comprises what the group or entity is about. It’s what they stand for. It’s what they intend to achieve every moment of every single day. It’s basically their motivation.

Walmart’s driving motivation is… (Number 1 on the Fortune 500)

"The secret of successful retailing is to give your customers what they want. And really, if you think about it from your point of view as a customer, you want everything: a wide assortment of good-quality merchandise; the lowest possible prices; guaranteed satisfaction with what you buy; friendly, knowledgeable service; convenient hours; free parking; a pleasant shopping experience."

- Sam Walton (1918-1992)

ExxonMobil’s Mission Statement is… (Number 3 on the Fortune 500)

So, what I think I’m trying to say is… what is YOUR point for waking up everyday? What are you trying to accomplish daily? What is it that you are trying to convey to the world at large so that they know that YOU as an individual are here? What is YOUR calling card as a paragraph? Your mission statement is what motivates you from the moment you get out of bed every single morning til the time you lay your head down. It’s not about your children or significant others either. I mean inside what makes you tick. At your funeral, what will those that are standing to speak about you at your eulogy say about you say? Did you successfully complete and deliver your mission every day?

The one thing about your mission statement is every day and a work in progress. It never ends. When you get married you will have a mission statement even…

(Groom) I,________________ take thee _________________, to be my wife. To have and to hold, in sickness and in health, for richer or for poorer, and I promise my love to you forevermore.

(Bride) I,___________________ take thee ________________ to be my husband. To have and to hold, in sickness and in health, for richer or for poorer, and I promise my love to you forevermore

 Simple and elegant.

I look at myself right now and I think… ‘I need a mission statement’.

The reason why people should have one is because it actually is what you are willing to stand for. Your mission statement should be about you and what you believe in. The line that you are not willing to cross in your everyday life… and shouldn’t. That’s how important a mission statement is. Every successful company has one so every successful person should have one.

When you have one, it is your bottom line and it is something you will not bend or break. Stand your ground and don’t give in. Follow your mission statement. If it goes against it, then say no and walk away. It’s just that simple. You ask what defines me? Seizures, Fat Daddy dying, strongman training, family, you get to know me…. I am eternal…. Even when I’m gone the countless student athletes I’ve coached will remember Coach Duck. I will live… even though I’ve died. My mission statement is written before I’ve even put pen to paper. It’s a living testament. My body of work speaks for itself. I’ve served my community for over ten years in volunteering with coaching children. I’ve served my fellow man and woman for my whole life. When I leave this mortal coil, the world will know that I served.

My mission statement:

To serve my fellow man and woman to the best of my abilities and never leave one behind and with less than I have. To let each one know they are loved and cared for each and everyday no matter the circumstances. I will follow through with making sure I fight for the common good and never let the negativity win in the world around me and I will use the gifts that I have to ensure that everyone can find love, prosperity, and happiness within and without. Should none of these be available I will rain down vengeance upon those that would seek to upset the balance of those aforementioned with reckless abandon without prejudice and forethought in order to restore peace within the natural order in order to restore prosperity and balance. Amen.

As always... comments are welcome.



                                     


                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment